Discuss Bodged tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wildmouse

I have had two tilers re-tile my bathroom. They left after 7.5 hours and said they would be back the next day to finish the job. However, I reckon the job needs to be done again from scratch. Your opinions and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 2011-09-06 22.46.15.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 2011-09-06 22.49.42.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 2011-09-06 23.24.07.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 207
  • 2011-09-06 23.26.55.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 211
  • 2011-09-06 23.28.05.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 205
  • 2011-09-06 22.49.25.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 2011-09-06 23.21.45.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 204
W

wildmouse

I should of send in my first post that I have just moved into a rented house (housing association) and it was their contractors that did this. I wont be charged, but fear they will just do the grouting and leave me with a bodged job. The tiles are sitting directly on the bath tub so no room for caulking. I am going to fight this untill they re-do the lot. I am shocked at the state of the work and more so at their supervisor who kept trying to fob me off.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
I should of send in my first post that I have just moved into a rented house (housing association) and it was their contractors that did this. I wont be charged, but fear they will just do the grouting and leave me with a bodged job. The tiles are sitting directly on the bath tub so no room for caulking. I am going to fight this untill they re-do the lot. I am shocked at the state of the work and more so at their supervisor who kept trying to fob me off.

Ah.. that explains the 150 x 150's which are the most basic/cheap tile there is and why the guys just threw them up, trust me all work they do will be the same. I hope you do get it re done though.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
What a mess. It looks like the work of a £10/m2 untrained housebasher as Dave put it. They generally don't care enough to finish it properly, and because they are paid such a low rate can't physically do it quick enough to earn enough for a days money, they're probably new to the job, and you may get a more experienced one if you ask them specifically, and they may or may not do a better job, but really their supervisor needs to get this sorted straight away, it's disgraceful work, keep on at them though. :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
W

wildmouse

After 48 hrs some tiles were loose. There was no gap between the tub and tiles for caulking, like mentioned earlier. where spacers were used, the tiles were still not level. All this visible in the pics. The supervisor still insisted the job would look ok if i let them grout it, I refused and the surveyor insisted that the whole lot should come down and the job started from scratch. I will post pics of progress and hope that this time it is done correctly.

Thanks to everyone who posted, I'll keep you posted... 2011-09-08 13.58.53.jpg

Reply to Bodged tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Bodged tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.