Discuss Bodgy Buider in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Went to start a 40m2 patio floor around a new koi carp pond on finished screed with drains around the house and pond, on close inspection none of the drains are connected and to top it all the screed is direct on to chalk,I got someone in to have a look and now the whole lot has got to be removed and redone,the builder has said that everthing was done under building control yer right,the customer has decided not to have him back.
Should say Bodgy Builder.

Last edited:
W

WetSaw

Drains not connected?? A customer of mine had a swimming pool installed and as part of the work had to have a palm tree moved. The owner wanted it in the middle of the garden but when the builders dug the hole they went through the soil pipe. So they planted it to one side. Roll on 18 months (bearing in mind it's only a holiday home) and the drains are blocked. Called out the drain guys and they found a blockage with their camera. I dug the garden up, lo and behold a 3 mtr section of soil pipe missing. They'd not bothered to repair it after they'd dug through it with the digger!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bodgy Buider in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

U
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can either reassure me or provide some guidance on tiling...
Replies
Views
E
R
hi there I'm not a tiler but my partner is (24 years in the trade). My partner has recently...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Any advice gratefully received on tiling a concrete screed that is according to the builder not...
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T
N
Hi All, New here to the forums but been reading with interest and used this forum for lots of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB