Guest viewing is limited

Discuss boiled linseed on spanish terracotta in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

astute1

Hi first post from down under in NZ.
A current job has me reinstating spanish terracotta tiles from a disused exterior application and laying them in an interior extention alongside existing spanish terracotta. The existing tiles had been treated with boiled linseed 2:1 turpintine and sealed with wax. We have done a test on a couple of replaced tiles with a pleasing result. My quesion is, do I need to wax the tiles prior to grouting or do I linseed, grout, then wax . Had no experience with this type of sealer system before has have always used the silacone based products. Any advice welcome.

P

Perry

yes just use the oil then grout but be careful that all the oil has soak in within about 15 mins if not wipe dry using a cloth and white spirit when the grout is dry wipe over with a thin coat of oil and white spirit 50% of each let dry then put your surface finish on but don't forget all cloths sponge's rollers will self com-bust so be careful of your waste

Ps a cheap roller is best to put the first coat of oil on as it stops streaking which we get with some terracotta

Reply to boiled linseed on spanish terracotta in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
H
Could anyone recommend the correct sand/cement mix for putting terracotta tiles outside? The...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
T
Hi People, Currently doing a terracotta floor and wanting advice on a suitable finish if you...
2 3
Replies
Views
TMTservices
T
H
I have some lovely reclaimed terracotta tiles to lay in a porch (see pic). They are to go down...
Replies
Views
hopefultiler
H

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
boiled linseed on spanish terracotta
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.