Discuss Borders.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Just curious, but do you guys charge extra for doing borders, or just lump them in with your Square metre price? I usually just lump them in, but sometimes that seems to bite me.. Especially on the last job, as they had 3 borders running through the walls.. For example, on ceramic i usually charge 35/m2 (inc mats) and just throw the border in, but starting to think i should be charging per linear metre for the borders too... Or am i just being greedy!?! lol

T

Time's Ran Out

Anything that is not just a piece of cut tile should be premium price for fixing.
The customer pays over the odds for a strip of mosaic or scratchable trim so you should be charging for protecting it or fixing it flush with the rest of the tile face.
Mind you I'd wait to get the job before I go adding hundreds for tarting it up ( sorry making it a unique piece of interior design):lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Borders.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Just finished job off where I've had to install UFH mat as well as latex before and after...
Replies
Views
J
Hi everyone I've done several trades across construction, and the thing I struggle most with is...
Replies
Views
I have enjoyed a vast difference in tiling work this year. I am just finishing a wet room -...
Replies
Views
Aston
A

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB