Discuss bostik sgs vs bostik flexible in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dubdad

hi all , looking for a little advicehaving rushed into a big tiling job (for a novice like me!) ie my whole bathroom, i stuffed up on the floor :(, grout cracked up fairly badlyanyway i am using a flexible quick-set adhesive and grout(both flexible) brand-'bondmaster'i have just done the floor when i got the cracks and decided to hold off on the walls before i know more.tiles 300x600x9mm porcelain laid on 12mm wbp plywood screwed to 20mm floorboards at 150mm centres.3mm tile spacing (floor area is only 1.1mx1.8m) i thought the 12mm ply would b enough having done my kitchen some years ago with 12 even though it is bigger and never a prob.i was probably a bit gung-ho mixing up the grout and added too much water. anyway i was able to cut it out with a stanley after a week- this sound like it was way too soft for a flexible grout to anyone who fixes other peoples mistakes.so to get to the issue to b on the safe side i have purchased another grout: bostik(evo-stik) tecnik sgs(special grout system) which is flexible. being a bit unsure i visited their website for some teccchie info and notice they also do a flexible grout.sorry to b so long winded , what i would like to know is the sgs good for this job or would the flexible be better.any advice greatly accepted

R

Rich

The bostik SGS looks like it is suitable for your floor but I have never used either. As above I would go with Mapei as IMO they are the best on the market.

12mm isnt think enough and you need to find out if it is a problem with your grout or the bond between the tiles and the substrate. In most cases, when the grout starts to crack you can be pretty sure that the tiles are going to start to lift and crack soon, and this of course wont be fixable with any grout.

Reply to bostik sgs vs bostik flexible in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen floor tiled in large plank-style porcelain tiles (90cm x 15cm) about 2 years...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
bostik sgs vs bostik flexible
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.