UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Boxing, windows waste pipes-cuts????How to estimate? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lukeb

Are you including it in a whole job, or trying to price these things individually?
Example:Let`s say we got 20m2 of wall area with 1 window to cut around(1200x1000)
Price for materials and fit 25M2
So would you charge 500 and cuts around the window will be included or you will deduct 1m2 from the tiled area and charge lets say around 50-? just for doing around the window so price would be 525-?.
Hope it does have any sense?

I

Ian

I see what you are saying. What i generally tend to do when pricing is, measure the room to get the m2 then multiply that by a m2 price so using your example, 20 x £25 = £500. I'll then work out how many days a job will take, lets say you want to earn £150 per day, if you can do this job in 3 days (£450 + £50 materials) then leave it at that, if there are loads of fiddly bits that might take an extra day then the price would be £650 (£600 + £50 materials). Not every job can be priced on a meterage price, I very rarely charge a m2 price, just day rate.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Boxing, windows waste pipes-cuts????How to estimate? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've had a go at tiling our cloakroom loo and its going ok, (I am extremely slow, it...
Replies
Views
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
I don't know if you call it 'hardboard' in the USA but that's what we call it here: a shiny on...
Replies
Views
Hi! Just looking for some thoughts regarding extending an existing tiled are if possible please...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m using split face tiles (10mm ceramic 600x300mm) on one wall and I’m failing to cut...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.