Guest viewing is limited

BP

Discuss BP in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

I am getting sick of reading and hearing about all the crap that BP is getting from the American Government. The rig is leased from an American company, that company has 3 other rigs that have suffered from major maintenance problems. The rig has an emergency valve that should automatically prevent the situation that has happened, it failed to operate so why is BP getting all this flack? If you hired a car and the brakes failed which caused you to crash who's fault is it? Not yours thats for sure. If you hired a JCB and the hoses blew who would come and fix it? The Hire company of course. BP are getting a lot of stick for a problem that is not their doing, they are spending millions trying to stop it whilst American scientists work out the effects to the planet, and the American administration especially Obama are all jumping on the fog horn. Do they have such a poor memory? Get off BP's back and let them do their job. Rant over. Not aimed at you Rob, your a nice American guy.

R

Rob Z

Dom, it's a complicated mess and I'm sure it would take volumes to explain the hows and the whys this occured.

There is certainly a perception here that Obama and his minions have been playing pocket pool on this one since the rig exploded, and I'm certain part of the political strategy is to throw BP and anyone else they can think of under the bus.

I wasn't a fan of Obama when he was a senator, a candidate, the president-elect, nor now that he is president.

His handling of this mess just solidifies my opinion that I can't wait for him to be defeated in the next election and leave office.

R

Rob Z

Scott,

I hope the British public will believe this, but BP being British has nothing to do with this. The venal, craven, scum-sucking spineless turds that reside in Washington would sell out their own mother if it enhanced their political careers.

I sincerely mean this when I say BP is not in the crosshairs because they are British. If this were Exxon or Haliburton or any other American corporation, the same sordid blame game would be going on.

I've not heard one single person, in public or on the news, say anything disparaging about The British People on this thing.

On the other hand, we hear all the negative things said about big corporations and their political butt-buddies in Washington.:incazzato:

D

diamondtiling

There have been over 2000 major oil leaks in the middle east over the last 10 years, 2000! and no one bats an eye lid. BP has global shareholders, its not just a British company anymore. The US Government knew they were drilling at depths that were unprecedented, as in 18000 ft, Ice cold water, Immense pressures, these experiments are the same as the trips of Captain Cooke, no one knows what will happen or how things pan out. It went wrong and a natural liquid is leaking out of the hole it had lived in for 50,000 years, BP have paid out Millions in compensation before lawsuits were filed.
I would be very happy if I was working on site and the site blew up and I was paid £1000 per week plus the cost of my tools whilst the site is rebuilt.

:mad2:

S

Scott

There have been over 2000 major oil leaks in the middle east over the last 10 years, 2000! and no one bats an eye lid. BP has global shareholders, its not just a British company anymore. The US Government knew they were drilling at depths that were unprecedented, as in 18000 ft, Ice cold water, Immense pressures, these experiments are the same as the trips of Captain Cooke, no one knows what will happen or how things pan out. It went wrong and a natural liquid is leaking out of the hole it had lived in for 50,000 years, BP have paid out Millions in compensation before lawsuits were filed.
I would be very happy if I was working on site and the site blew up and I was paid £1000 per week plus the cost of my tools whilst the site is rebuilt.

:mad2:

Did you mean million Dom?

Unless you are on the site at the time :oops:

J

jay

just watched a report on the oil disaster ( 60 minutes) was quite interesting seems a week earlier to the problem the safety valve was damaged by one of the workers and the company that own the rig wanted to shut down operations while it was repaired (THIS WAS IN A SAFTEY MEETING ) BP said this was not an option as production had to continue the push was on

seems to be the same old story the rich get richer at the poors expense i hate to say but this oil leak is going to effect us all as its larger than we think its not who's problem its fix it as quick as possible

rant over beer time:8:

sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/ - Cached - Similar
look in poison tide

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to BP in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
C
Hello Everyone! First off, let me thank everyone for all the wonderful knowledge and more...
Replies
Views
cyberk
C
D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
T
Hi all, i have a little problem, the customer has brought a 4m devimat, im on the tail end of a...
Replies
Views
tileunique
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
BP
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.