Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Breakfast Club in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

I went to one in London where 18 people sit round the table and tell you what they do.

You then have to think up leads for them and produce them on paper notes. They do the same for you.

For example there was a girl there who makes custom chocolate for clients.
A man who owns a call centre
A man who leases top end motors
A printer
A Health and lifestyle guru who does stress management
And me... Commercial Diamond Drills !

Plus others.

Anyway I got given a few contacts example "my next door neighbour is a plumber" and "I know the owner of my local tile shop"

In return i gave out a few week contacts.

My mate Ricahrd who is a printer gets loads of work from the group but he has a product everyone in business needs... printing!

I didnt do so well on quality of contacts (The head of B&Q was not a member of the group...) So the marketing of diamond drills will have to continue without the help of the breakfast club.

In short - it can work. But I think if you have a business that is mainstream it helps but I was too niche in my product. Egg and Bacon was a bit greasy too. And it cost £18.50 plus the train fare to Marble Arch.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I was talking about this the other day with a gardener who's father is a painter. He said his oldman paid £600 for the year, and then more than a tenner a week (so another £600 a year) and hasn't got a sausage out of it other than useless leads.

Actually, he does get a sausage out of it but he pays £1200 a year for one weekly.

I'd be sceptical. And I bet during these tough times they're raking it in off vulnerable tradesmen.

M

mikebidd

I think I will risk the £10 fee, I will eat loads of food to get my monies worth.
He did say there is another tiler that attends so I will borrow my mates new vogue sport and park next to his van.

:smilewinkgrin:

Dont he might get jelouse and key it lol.

Un intresting fact for you. Did you know that not one panel off a rangerover will fit a range rover sport. As the sport is built around the discovery chassis and is 3 inch shorter.

sorry :ban:lol

D

Deleted member 9966

Dont he might get jelouse and key it lol.

Un intresting fact for you. Did you know that not one panel off a rangerover will fit a range rover sport. As the sport is built around the discovery chassis and is 3 inch shorter.

sorry :ban:lol

oohh mike, don't start quoting stuff like that, I'll start asking for more Land Rover facts... I'm currently torn between purchasing a freelander, old Disco or a go-anywhere Defender :drool5:

M

mikebidd

Freelanders run the rover vvc engine which is the worse engine in the world they boil for fun. Not too go into gearbox and transfer box problems!

Discos Are rot boxes Espeacily around the rear valance and inner wings If you get a Good un tho you should be ok

For me defender they havent changed the shape so parts are really easy too get They are as you said go any where motors. Only thing too double check is front chasis leg the numbers should be stamped on there look up past the front wheel. Even if you have to scrape aload off underseal off triple check them as loads are "ringers" due to the fact they are so east to ring, If i can advise you on olt just let me know it wil malke a nice change me being able to repay the advice lol

D

diamondtiling

Freelanders run the rover vvc engine which is the worse engine in the world they boil for fun. Not too go into gearbox and transfer box problems!

Discos Are rot boxes Espeacily around the rear valance and inner wings If you get a Good un tho you should be ok

For me defender they havent changed the shape so parts are really easy too get They are as you said go any where motors. Only thing too double check is front chasis leg the numbers should be stamped on there look up past the front wheel. Even if you have to scrape aload off underseal off triple check them as loads are "ringers" due to the fact they are so east to ring, If i can advise you on olt just let me know it wil malke a nice change me being able to repay the advice lol

Oii start your own thread please.

:mad2:

Reply to Breakfast Club in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Breakfast Club
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.