Discuss breatherble lime floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

hi a few weeks ago i asked for advice on lime breathable floors, well tomorrow we start the job. going to be like when i first started, no priming floor with sbr instead we soak it with water then put down a 20 mm bed solid of 2.5 sand to 1 part lime and then pad down the travatine tile also soaked in water will be putting a few posts on#bedaletiling

J

Just Rizzle

you can use standard setaflex white. it's breathable as is tm pro flow leveller if needed.
to start with the house is listed grade 2 and the client is restoring it as it was originally built.
the tiles need to be built up 20mm and theres 40 mtrs to put down so work out the cost of leveler and adhesive compared to 8 bags of hydraulic lime and a ton and a half of sand and also the time. we have laid 20 mtrs today and will be able to Walker on in the morning #bedaletiling for video and photos

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Just Rizzle

im disagreeing due to the cost you would incur and due to the fact we are restoring the building to its original make up adhesives were not about when the victorians built it in 1836.

learnt alot from this project ive said on this site several times modern technology is actually slowing building down the big adhesive companys are acting in there own interests.
the cost we incured was soft sand 1.6 mtrs3 50 quid 10 bags of lime 70 quid total 120 quid
your way would of cost about 600 quid about

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to breatherble lime floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hello Folks, its a tiny area. 1.8 m2. Joists are solid 3 inch wide. Area is upstairs close to...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
need eyes in the back of your head. Using Norcros NX standard set floor tile adhesive. After an...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB