Discuss brick bond bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
Here goes...im laying brick bond tiling in my bathroom...The first course of tiles(all full tiles)when laid out gives me a small slither at the far end.Could start with a half tile but when it comes to the second course Im gonna end up with the same prob...

Vince, standard tiling practice is to mark the centre of the wall and start the brickbond there. Centre tile or edges of 2 tiles to the centre line, and tile to each corner. That way you should end up with an even tile distribution and no slivers at the corners. However if it is a window wall, start tiling from the centre of the window to ensure even tiling around the window.

Of course it does not always work out ideally - and there may still be a wall where a small cut could be inevitable. What you need to do is pencil mark the walls using using a tile as a guide (remember to include 2mm space between tiles) before you put any up to see what problems occur when reaching corners, ceilings and other obstructions. Ultimately you may have to reach a compromise because of the room dimensions - in which case refer to the customer (you, your partner, or mother-in-law) and see what they would prefer - then you can tile confiently knowing that if it dont look right... you only did what they told you to do!

Good luck.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to brick bond bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, After some tips on laying relatively sizeable tiles (300x600 upto the plank like tiles...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
S
Firstly apologies for the hand drawn half scale drawings. 1/3 brick bond in a small bathroom...
Replies
Views
Tilerdurden
T
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB