Discuss brick floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi All

Have a floor to tile in flooring grade brick tiles(50mm thick) Not done these before and only seen a sample.Customer wants them laid like block paving i.e no joints and I presume with some sort of pattern-maybe herringbone.Firstly,is that possible?-no u/f heating either and this is where there could be an issue.Builder is replacing the floor on Monday with a concrete slab and wants it tiled the week after! I said to wait for the drying out period but he said that because the bricks are breathable it should be ok-Does he have a point? I was planning on using an unmodified adhesive too or do you think ditra mat-any thoughts?
Thanks
Mike

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to brick floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm planning to do a herringbone brick floor over a concrete slab with some reclaimed brick...
Replies
Views
I'm a total tiling beginner having my kitchen/diner redone by builders. The dining area has a...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hello guys. I came upon and registered with this forum while doing some research on decoupling...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB