UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Broken nose whilst on a job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Heres one for you, but to cut a long story short I did a floor for a guy whilst he was on holiday. His employee attacked me with a Headbutt and broke my nose. I Nearly picked up the rubber hammer to take it across his knees but thought better of it. This job was for 100m2 but now it's had the conservatory part cancelled with no reason just saying he has decided to do it another way.
The bloke who attacked me for no valid reason is getting done with gbh.
This bloke picks up the **** of his 13 dogs for a living and has probs sided with him as its a remote house and chances of finding another mug to do that are slim.
Do I have any comeback legally bar getting the bloke done ?
Cheers.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
You have two options. He has committed a criminal act so the police and the cps will decide if it is a case that is prosecutable and ask you to press charges. If you don't want to your case falls to bits. You also have the option of a civil suit to sue him for losses attributable to your injury. These might be tangible such as lost revenue due to time off work to less tangible stuff like loss of revenue from not being able to pursue a modelling career in the future or increase risk of nasal infections. You would need medical reports and a civil suit can be expensive but only you can decide how you feel about that. If you do not press charges in a criminal suit you would be hard pressed to pursue a civil suit methinks.

Anyway thugs should not be allowed to get away with stunts like that.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Broken nose whilst on a job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
Q
What funny/ embarrassing (for you or customer) stories have any of you guys & girls got when on...
Replies
Views
I received an email last night from a guy local to me , he asked if I could do some tiling in...
Replies
Views
H
Got a call from a lady who had hired someone to refurb her bathroom. Guy had been there every...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.