Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss BS 5385 Information in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fekin

I was wanting to read up on the tiling british standards "BS 5385", but I can only find webpages saying it's £120 for the information.

This cannot be right, can it ?

If the goverment or whatever agency that creates the codes of practise want people to apply BS in their work, then why is the information not free to view ?

or am I just not looking in the right place for the actual text of BS 5385 ?

M

MICK the Tiler

Same down here m8. got to pay for the privelidge of reading something that is reasearched and funded with public money so we already own the rights but are forced to pay gets on my goat this does. It's the same as visiting a public hospital you have to PAY!!! to bloody park in the car park that has been funded with public money you already own it but you have to pay again and again :mad2:

I was lucky enough to find copies of AS Standards at the State Public Library could not borrow them though Reference material only So had to PAY!!!!!!!!!!! 10c per page on the photo copier in a PUBLIC!!!!!!!! tax payer funded Libray. REALLY!!!!!!! GIVES!!!!!! ME!!!!! THE!!!!!! SH**TS!!!!!!!!!:mad2:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to BS 5385 Information in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All, I’ve just had 2 rooms tiled with oak effect ceramics and I feel a little disappointed...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
O
As I'm currently tiling a large staircase I thought that the rules and regulations regarding...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB