Discuss Builder who will not pay! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fred

Did a job over a month ogo, other tiler was fired.

The main spec for the client as all flexi adhesive and grout. The client chose 150 x 150 tiles with full width mosaics between and wanted a very white adhesive so not to show under them. I choce Bal Mosaic fix and grout to fix mosaics, normal addy flexi for tiles. I then used Bal white flexi grout to do all the grouting.

I had to cut all the mosaics out the other tiler did as he made a bad job, skimmed up new rapid set then placed new mosaics in with Mosaic fix and grout. I explained the mosaic fix if coming through would match the flexi colour.

She wanted 3 mosaics taken out because they where sticking out, remembering I've had to skim out the old work. I said use the mosaic fix to grout those 3 mosaics in.

Now the builder won't pay me, have I done the wrong thin by using mosaic fix to grout these 3 mosaics?

I also supplied the new sprey to prevent staining. Fred.

surrey
Hi fred . was it a local builder and you can email his company name , did he not keep a record of what grout was used , as we all know all grouts are different even white ,
customers will take it out on you when you have gone , because they are already unhappy with standard of work thats been done , and they dont care if you dont get paid because as far as they are concerned you work for that builder or contractor . what is the builder saying they must give you a reason

T

Time's Ran Out

By discussing the different grout/mosaic fix with the customer you have planted the doubt that they are the same, and as you have had to remove 3 pieces that were 'sticking out' coupled with the other tiler issue - you are on slippery ground.
There will be excuses and delays but I'd make sure the grout is the same and check with the customer if there are any reasons for you not being paid.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
what is the builders reason for non payment? he cant just say im not paying....i would aproach him 1st either via phone or in person try and resolve the issue and find out what his issue is

if this doesnt work send a recorded delivery letter to his address and explain that unless he pays within 7 days in full you will be seeking legal advice

if he doesnt pay then call a solicitor,if the job has been remedied then there is no issue

Reply to Builder who will not pay! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Builder who will not pay!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.