Discuss building out a wall to meet tray in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kruger

hello chaps.
After a few good diy jobs,timber garage,raised decks,staircase
the next step is to tile my on suite.
Some really excellant info found on the forum:thumbsup: im looking at a recess shower with the one screen with a small return.The gap it goes in is 1620mm.So 1st thought would be a 1600 tray and build the wall out 20mm
with back board etc,or to use a 1500 tray and build the wall out and have recesss cut outs to put shower stuff.Any you guys done this type of build?i imagine its a sort of 3x2 frame covered in board then tiled onto.how difficult do you rate it?
Going to tank out with bal/mapei in the shower.same makes with grout.
Any ideas would be great.im thinking if i take my time and some rules it should look good...hopefully
cheers

kruger

Reply to building out a wall to meet tray in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m fitting a Nova Frameless 1000 x 800 Sliding Door Shower Enclosure with a low profile...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Hi - we would very much appreciate some advice. In October 2020 we had a sole trader come in to...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a walk in shower room in my bathroom that is tiled using slate mosaics on the...
Replies
Views
Kajiman tamang
K

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
building out a wall to meet tray
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.