Discuss building regs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Park Gate
^^^ This.

Was under the impression that any alteration to drainage required signing off by LC, however as said, noone bothers with it.

If your just connecting onto existing traps, or renewing traps then nothing needs signing off anyway. Any extensions to, or alterations to interior waste pipe and drainage should be notified.

Problem is that the 'police' are the general public and if they dont know the rules, (and why should they?), then nothing gets policed!

C

cornish_crofter

I can only think we're talking electrical alterations.

Down in England and Wales, only electrical alterations in special locations (kitchen and bathrooms etc) are covered by PArt P. Replacements are not.

That is why I could change a shower unit in a bathroom without incurring extra cost, but the customer wanted me to move and bury a cable to the shower. As a result, Part P came in. The extra work for that nearly doubled the cost of the job!

I had to ensure that all the accessories and CU were suitably rated for the shower, which they were not, so I then had to install a separate CU for the shower with RCD and MCB. I also had to fit a main incoming RCD to act as the main switch (TT system). Plus I had to upgrade the EEBADS for the whole house (16th edition back then).

I'm not actually part P registered but the local authority were happy to accept a BS7671 cert from me as I have C and G 2381 and 2391.

Reply to building regs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I own a shop with flats above. Have applied for retrospective building regs and the building...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

kilty55

Arms
TF
edinburgh

Thread Information

Title
building regs
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.