Discuss Burning the Koran in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

Nothing good can come from this in my opinion. You just have look back in history, to see that book burners are two tiles short of a completed job! Its a direct attempt to create more hostility, in an already hostile situation, and will result in the deaths innocent people regardless or their religion. The Pastor will get his ten minutes of fame and will be forgotten about in a couple of weeks!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I wish they'd class religion as history and just make it fact that it's all old stories from a time we couldn't really explain things. It's makes a young childs view very narrow if they think they can't make anything when they're older as god made it all and there's nothing else to make.

And then the bible, koran and all other story books can be filed under history and not religion in library's. But I wouldn't burn them. They're a part of our past time and it should be noted that people followed religions to the point of killing themselves in some cases.

Sorry if I offend anybody with my belief. I think I'm just about the generation that doesn't follow religious faiths. I don't know a single person my age that has a religious belief. Though my parents are both Catholic and my aunt is obsessed with crosses and praying. But she also believes in Ghosts, Aliens and believes mediums when they say they're actually talking to the dead.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
It disgusts me when I see this. Racism and religious predjudice seem to me the two most futile of activities and yet seem to be two of the most difficult things for the world to combat. What is the point.......

I get a lot of "spam" e-mails which purport to be funny jokes which are based purely around racial hatred.......they go straight in the bin too.

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!:ban::ban::ban:

U

user123

This kind of response to the news explains why I'm hooked on TF!! (I love you guys! :kiss: ) Wonderful responses, and I totally agree with you. Islamic extremism is growing, sadly, largely amongst the less educated, (a bit like a form of football hooliganism) and as some of you know I have Christian and Muslim friends in Egypt and all of them are appalled at the way things are going, and are hoping for reason and calm on all sides. This action of that self-righteous American pastor just joins that mentality, I think the church itself should strip him off his title, position, job, whatever it's called. Spiritually enlightened he is not.

Reply to Burning the Koran in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
Dear tilersforums.com, Over the past couple of months events have occurred that have involved...
Replies
Views
E
Pocket Tazer Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. ... A guy who purchased his lovely wife a...
Replies
Views
paul damian
P
G
I know I posted this before but still funny and some may have missed it 1st time. Last...
Replies
Views
aph257
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Burning the Koran
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.