Discuss Burning the Koran in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
i think the American authority's should stop this from taking place!! on the ground's that it is enraging other religion's ,for no reason than to cause trouble in the world, what ever happened to each to there own!! the HOLY KORAN is a legitimate HOLY BOOK to million's of folk's so should be respected as all other HOLY BOOK'S are by everyone religious or not!!

Why does religion deserve respect?

Last edited:
G

Gazzer

Religion for me is just something that some people need in their life. Its a faith that they need to believe in.
Be it the Koran or the Bible etc, people should have the right to go which way they choose but also accept other peoples views can be different.
As for racism, I hate it....whats the point ? Its just a colour of skin or different culture.
In this world changes can and have been made towards race and racism, we need to be going forward and not back. Think back to the 50`s and 60`s when coloured people were treated very badly. Have you seen those old TV documentries when an old white woman is standing in the street being interviewed about the "Darkies" coming to live in their street. Words such as "unclean" are used ...What ? What are people afraid of ?
Dont confuse my words for my thoughts on illegal immigrants or the number of legal immigrants in this country, thats a different story for me.
Hatred for colour , creed or religion will get you no where.
Last weekend I was near Bradford at a music festival where the week before the EDL tried to have a demo in the city , probably hoping to incite a riot again. The crowd at the music festival was mainly white but the 1st band up made a statement regarding the EDL as they had used one of there tracks without permission on a youtube video to promote the EDL.
The statement went something like this....
"So the EDL want to send all the Muslims back home, well they are home, this is their home....being Muslim is a religion and not a Country"

I was so proud that the whole audience were cheering.

Ok so I have diverted slightly from the topic of this thread but to me its all relevant. What would you rather have living inside you ? Hatred or peace ? Its your choice.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Religion for me is just something that some people need in their life. Its a faith that they need to believe in.
Be it the Koran or the Bible etc, people should have the right to go which way they choose but also accept other peoples views can be different.
As for racism, I hate it....whats the point ? Its just a colour of skin or different culture.
In this world changes can and have been made towards race and racism, we need to be going forward and not back. Think back to the 50`s and 60`s when coloured people were treated very badly. Have you seen those old TV documentries when an old white woman is standing in the street being interviewed about the "Darkies" coming to live in their street. Words such as "unclean" are used ...What ? What are people afraid of ?
Dont confuse my words for my thoughts on illegal immigrants or the number of legal immigrants in this country, thats a different story for me.
Hatred for colour , creed or religion will get you no where.
Last weekend I was near Bradford at a music festival where the week before the EDL tried to have a demo in the city , probably hoping to incite a riot again. The crowd at the music festival was mainly white but the 1st band up made a statement regarding the EDL as they had used one of there tracks without permission on a youtube video to promote the EDL.
The statement went something like this....
"So the EDL want to send all the Muslims back home, well they are home, this is their home....being Muslim is a religion and not a Country"

I was so proud that the whole audience were cheering.

Ok so I have diverted slightly from the topic of this thread but to me its all relevant. What would you rather have living inside you ? Hatred or peace ? Its your choice.

Wise words mate, and spot on.

I used to go a school where 'whites' were the minority, and foolishly, just through our circle of friends I fell in the 'side' of the 'whites'. I didn't really understand why at the time but both 'sides' hated the other. I was at that school until half way through the second year when we moved house to the other side of stoke and I went a school that was primarily 'whites' (I say whites, clearly I mean Caucasian or whatever the correct term is). I quickly discovered that nobody is different and everybody got on with everybody no matter what their background, race, or faith. I had and still have good friends from both schools, though now I meet those we didn't used to get on with in the first school and they're sound as a pound. It's weird when I think back now as to what actually causes the huge divide at the first school. It's always struggled to enforce the fact that we're all the same and I think it's still the same now. Though the day you go for a job after school you're mates with those you didn't get on with at first.

Now I run and host a taxi website for one of the guys, they also run a valeting centre near us and my mate runs one so I managed to get him some advice from them.

They're all budding businessmen with high aims (more than I can say for many of my 'white' buddies I had back then - some being in the nick since school), and I'm sure non of them really follow their faiths though their parents would follow a faith just like mine do.

I think another generation or two down the line and we'll have sorted out these weird issue related to colour, religion and ethnic background. Or I hope, anyway.

A

Aston

whatever faith or religion you have, hurting people physically or mentally isnt the way..

we all have faults, we all generally want to be decent people (unless your are mentally ill) and we all would like to think there is a better place when we die....i'm open minded. i like to think, things are possible...if you cant prove something then it doesnt necessarily mean it cant happen...

i know this much, if most of the world including myself, concentrated 100 perc on being the best we can be, then thats all i think any god (what ever god is) would want ....

following any religion through fear or blind faith is not the way imo...but anything you depend on in life whether it be faith, god, alcohol, drugs, sugar, fast food, prescription drugs, whatever is also a worrying trend...self control is the key !!!

A

albyshellshear

When are people going to realise that millions have died because of so called religion, if a god exists would he\she want one person to kill another I dont think so, so these so called religious fanatics need to sit and read there bibles\korans and see all of them state in one way or another that killing is wrong, in the words of john lennon "GIVE PEACE A CHANCE" or in my words "GROW UP".

Reply to Burning the Koran in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
Dear tilersforums.com, Over the past couple of months events have occurred that have involved...
Replies
Views
E
Pocket Tazer Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. ... A guy who purchased his lovely wife a...
Replies
Views
paul damian
P
G
I know I posted this before but still funny and some may have missed it 1st time. Last...
Replies
Views
aph257
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Burning the Koran
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.