UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Calendar Management in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm about to start using iCloud Calendar to manage my appointments and general day to day tasks as I seem to get bogged down with random work coming in rather than booking it in when I'm free and available.

I'm wondering what you guys use to manage your jobs. And if any of you use iCloud at all?

Reason I chose iCloud was because I can login from any computer, but also it updates my phone too. So I can manage what I've got on from anywhere. Seems the sound solution.

Anything I'm missing? Anything better?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I'm thinking of doing the same Dan. I have just gone on to I-phone and have a Mac thinking it would all be a doddle syncing etc.

Oh no. Can't bluetooth, and can't use USB as the phone is not supported by the MAC!!!!! They didn't tell me that when I signed up for 2 years!!!!!

Apparently I have to buy software to do all that :incazzato:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Why can't you bluetooth? And what are you trying to do via USB?

Does your MAC not have a USB?

You can use iCloud to transfer images, calendar, tunes and purchases from iTunes to both your MAC and your iPhone wirelessly you know.

I wanted to transfer pics from phone to Mac. When I tap on the pic I don't get the option to bluetooth across as expected so I mail the pic to myself and it comes through to phone and Mac.

Same thing with USB, connected cable, and it recognises i-phone as a device but then says not supported. Had a look on some forums and loads of complaints about same thing that you have to buy software

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I wanted to transfer pics from phone to Mac. When I tap on the pic I don't get the option to bluetooth across as expected so I mail the pic to myself and it comes through to phone and Mac.

Same thing with USB, connected cable, and it recognises i-phone as a device but then says not supported. Had a look on some forums and loads of complaints about same thing that you have to buy software

Weird. If you have iTunes, it should pick up your phone via USB. Does it just say device not recognised?

P

Peter

Used to use a book but since I got the iPhone I've been using the Calender on there. Handy if you lose the phone that it's all backed up on iCloud so easily accessible again with your replacement. Although even with the diary, I can't turn a job down and if I'm booked up for a month and they need it done sooner I'll usually do it evenings and weekends, so kinda makes the calender a bit redundant. :mad2:

Never tried iCloud from the computer, do you need a Mac for it?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Device not supported

Weird that. Is it an old MAC or something?

Used to use a book but since I got the iPhone I've been using the Calender on there. Handy if you lose the phone that it's all backed up on iCloud so easily accessible again with your replacement. Although even with the diary, I can't turn a job down and if I'm booked up for a month and they need it done sooner I'll usually do it evenings and weekends, so kinda makes the calender a bit redundant. :mad2:

Never tried iCloud from the computer, do you need a Mac for it?

No mate just go to www.icloud.com

old fashion diary for me...:thumbsup:

I can't carry one around with me day and night though and seem to book stuff in (or not at the moment hence me needing to find something) day and night.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Bloody 'ell.

I take it the iPhone is new then?

Weird as to why they're not compatible you'd assume they would be!!

This seems to be your solution: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1591?viewlocale=en_US

It suggests your MAC operating system is old and you're using the newer iTunes.

If your MAC software can't be updated (probably the software you found that you needed to buy?) then you can use the old "Mobile Device Service" instead of iTunes by the looks of it. Not sure what that is and / or does though.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Bloody 'ell.

I take it the iPhone is new then?

Weird as to why they're not compatible you'd assume they would be!!

This seems to be your solution: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1591?viewlocale=en_US

It suggests your MAC operating system is old and you're using the newer iTunes.

If your MAC software can't be updated (probably the software you found that you needed to buy?) then you can use the old "Mobile Device Service" instead of iTunes by the looks of it. Not sure what that is and / or does though.

The only real reason I got the i-phone was for compatibility and it appears there is none unless you pay for it :mad2:

I'll try the support site and see what happens

Cheers Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think, if I'm reading it right, the iTunes you have will be version 10+, and for it to be compatible you need to have one of the later MAC operating systems and not one of the older ones.

So it sounds like you just need to update your MAC to the latest software.

I think I paid £17 for it from the App store on your MAC (not the same one as the app store in iTunes or on your phone)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Calendar Management in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.