Discuss camden london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I used to live there!! :lol: - next to the electricity board in Pratt (really!) Street, and worked in Camden Lock Market, in the Gallery there, sold some of my own paintings, too :)

That was a long time ago though, but it was famous for pickpocketing then and still is, very sophisticated gangs there now so I am told over and over again, I lost my purse EVERY time I went there, however careful I was, so really take care. The market has grown huge, much much bigger than when I lived there, but there are fantastic gigs everywhere, if you come across some Directors beer, have one for me, the only one I really liked.... blast from the past... :lol:

Don't know about hotels around there now, there are bound to be plenty, the neighboruing Kentish town may be a bit cheaper, I used to work there, too, as an apprentice how to repair antique oriental carpets... very close to the old Victorian swimming baths where I wold go swimming every lunch time, don't know if it's still there, but the tiles were amazing!! You'll probably have a ball, but do take care. :thumbsup:

U

user123

Spent a few nights sleeping in Camden Lock, Rum and Coke will do that to you:oops:

I used to drink that, too, rum and coke, and whiskey and coke... :lol: :lol: what a different life I led then... :lol: Did you ever go to the Sunday lunchtime Jazz in Dingwalls? My saxopone teacher played there, amongst others, great times.... sigh ... wonder if Dingwalls gigs are still happening? Michael would love it.

J

jolly fix

camden not the same these days since they closed and knocked down the large/wonderful/wacky lower market.still places to go and see etc.if your looking for a place to stay then check out travel lodge,not brill i know but can get some very good deals online,paid just under a tenner for a double room in the kingscross lodge a short while back,norm price 90.00 a night.used to walk to camden from kings cross along the canal.

U

user123

camden not the same these days since they closed and knocked down the large/wonderful/wacky lower market.still places to go and see etc.if your looking for a place to stay then check out travel lodge,not brill i know but can get some very good deals online,paid just under a tenner for a double room in the kingscross lodge a short while back,norm price 90.00 a night.used to walk to camden from kings cross along the canal.

Hope it's not MY old market I used to love and cherish?? Is Dingwalls still there? Huge music pub?

J

jolly fix

the lower markets gone,the one just under the bridge and turn left,went on for ages ,all those arches,second hand clothes,the fab eastern food stalls ,amazing rugs/strange mirrors/lights/chairs etc...the part just as you go in was still there last time i was there,but then rather than spend an afternoon just walking round you just came upon heras fence and all heavy plant and rubble,i knew there was a campain to stop it,but didnt think they would knock down so much...sad

Reply to camden london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hope you are well, We are a new supplier for sealant operating in the central London. As of...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
hello to everybody, how's it going? I'm new here just signed up and wanted to know what...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
camden london
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.