Discuss Can Anyone Help ?!?!?! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Just keep trying to get work, do any job that comes up, it is hard at the start but you will get there, i started the exact same way working for my mate then went out on my own. i really struggled at the start, wife, two kids, house etc, but i just kept going & slowly built up a reputation for being a good honest tradesman. I ended up giving my mate a start as i got a start with a local house builder, work for myself though, subcontactor. As said above i used to go into the local job centre to see who was looking for a tiler & got a couple of leads through them. dont give up you will get there.

O

One Day

Be honest do a quality job and your get there.

And there lies the answer in my opinion. It is tough out there right now. You MUST set yourself apart from the rest through quality, punctuality, and service.
I set up in early 2007 just before all the doom and gloom and I'm grateful for that head-start. I think realistically you have to be prepared for a sluggish start as you develop a reputation.
Also remember that there is a fairly large element of truth in the saying "it's not what you know - it's who you know".
Especially true when it comes to getting the opportunities.

W

White Room

And there lies the answer in my opinion. It is tough out there right now. You MUST set yourself apart from the rest through quality, punctuality, and service.
I set up in early 2007 just before all the doom and gloom and I'm grateful for that head-start. I think realistically you have to be prepared for a sluggish start as you develop a reputation.
Also remember that there is a fairly large element of truth in the saying "it's not what you know - it's who you know".
Especially true when it comes to getting the opportunities.

That is so true..

L

LHowellCeramics

Sub to both? i first started with one company but soon left them when others realised my potential. i started at very low prices to get me busy and slowly increased to be competitive and to start earning a constant day wage or job price depending how things work for you best.

But i follow the strict policy of Honesty being punctual quality and value.

In less than two years this has taken me from nothing to subbing work out to those who once taught me. When i first started up because i had no history of private work behind me and i was only 19 people did not want to no, well i battled through and this is my position now.

Keep your head up and be confident.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Can Anyone Help ?!?!?! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Kitchen Tiling Guide This simple Kitchen Tiling Guide is something a lot of people could have...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Can Anyone Help ?!?!?!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.