UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Can anyone spot a problem? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Been a while since i had any update for this thread. However i have just received the expert report!
All concerns are now answered. There is nothing wrong with the flooring carried out. The twist that i showed or described was accepted by the expert as the best way and position to ensure all runs true as possible and is aesthetically pleasing. No issues with grout disclosing, cracking or levels. Correct materials used as per data sheet. And praised for the use ed a de-coup'
The one negative raised was he picked up 10 tiles in total that was 1mm out of tolerance as per British standards. But in his report he suggests that this is not noticeable to the eye and does not have any impact to the aesthetics of the flooring. And although technically incorrect would not suggest replacing them.
In the grand scheme of things 10 tiles out of some 420ish is about 2.5%! Just got to wait until a preliminary hearing on the 1st of July. But i think its safe to say ill receive judgement and with a bit ed luck I'll be paid!!
By the time that comes round it will be a year since i under took the work!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Isn't it just.
We've had a certain amount hassle from my partners ex for four years. Its the worse its been lately. However the severity of his actions this time has pulled more authorities in to have a look into things. Its a mess and its hard going at the moment but it is looking like we will finally get him sorted and off our backs.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Can anyone spot a problem? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.