Search the forum,

Discuss Can I use boiled linseed oil as an color enhancer/sealer on marble? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikeshank

I've read about using diluted boiled-linseed-oil to seal slate & terracotta tile, but I've found no references to using it on MARBLE. Thru experimentation, I've found that it brings out a beautiful, warm color that no other sealer that I've tried so far was able to produce in new (uninstalled) marble floor tile that I plan to use for my kitchen floor. Is it OK to use boiled linseed oil on marble? What are the long-term consequences of doing so? (I'd like this floor to last a LONG time w/ little maintenance) Will it act as an effective sealer for a kitchen floor? Can I re-seal it in the future with a non-petroleum based product (i.e. something that doesn't stink :) over top of the cured boiled linseed oil, & if so what do you recommend?
Thanks in advance for any insight!
-Mike Shank

Reply to Can I use boiled linseed oil as an color enhancer/sealer on marble? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.