Discuss Can you tell where I cheated? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Not the best tiling or bathroom I have ever done, rushed setting out so did a little cheat!

any guesses?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 197

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
It involved a wet cutter on a whole row!

Must have been in a dream world when I set out, it is 2440mm high and the tiles are 297mm.I marked up a stick to check the room, knowing I worked out for a cut tile at ceiling and floor level.

but.
didnt check the top of the window! When I got to this I was 20mm to high. Didnt fancy a 20mm cut over the window so I cut the second row down to suit the window top. 20mm of the whole row.
Pwhat a plonker! Don't think you can tell?:sofahide:

beanz

TF
Berkshire
It involved a wet cutter on a whole row!

Must have been in a dream world when I set out, it is 2440mm high and the tiles are 297mm.I marked up a stick to check the room, knowing I worked out for a cut tile at ceiling and floor level.

but.
didnt check the top of the window! When I got to this I was 20mm to high. Didnt fancy a 20mm cut over the window so I cut the second row down to suit the window top. 20mm of the whole row.
Pwhat a plonker! Don't think you can tell?:sofahide:

I did the exact same thing last week! Although mine was about 40mm too high!?! No idea what I was thinking!?! Luckily I started on the window wall, so found out fairly quickly.. Had to pull the lot off the wall, and start again. Doh!

C

charlie1

I can't stand tiling around windows so i normally start on them to get them out the way............ Have also done what you did a couple of times mate, i was able to smash away enough of the reveal in my case though.

Why don't you like the window wall Toby? Yes, they can pose a challenge at times but this IMO is the one area of a bathroom that makes the job, I always pay particular attention to the plane of the tiles as well as the levels so there is a lot to keep an eye on here eh

T

TJ Smiler

Why don't you like the window wall Toby? Yes, they can pose a challenge at times but this IMO is the one area of a bathroom that makes the job, I always pay particular attention to the plane of the tiles as well as the levels so there is a lot to keep an eye on here eh

Don't know really mate, i just don't enjoy them, i do like the end result though. They always look lovely when i'm done. It's probably because i do pay so much attention to them and getting my trims mitred to perfection that i just want them to be done so i can then have a look and relax on the rest of the job.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Can you tell where I cheated? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB