Discuss Can't believe what just happened in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

lmfao - Am I actually reading this?!?!?!?!

They've been used to find ghosts, water, lost people and pets. They have absolutely no connection to anything at all. They're just rods.

Now stop this nonsense and get your bloody moisture meters out!

Have to agree with Dan.............. sounds like you've all been on the cooking sherry!

I think we all agreed with you both until we actually tried it... how old are you two to be so set in your ways?? Tut-tut!! An open mind to at least TRY stuff is a youthful mind... :)

S

SandyFloor

They've been used to find ghosts, water, lost people and pets. They have absolutely no connection to anything at all. They're just rods.

A couple of days ago I would have agreed with you entirely but when those rods swung in it was quite a distinct movement and I didn't have a clue when I started where the damp areas were. I can't explain it at all. Bizarre to say the least.

U

user123

You know when you look out on the street from behind a closed window, most people feel watched and look around, nobody can explain that either, but it happens. We don't understand that 90% presumably idel part of our brain yet and what it can pick up on. Perhaps it's our brains that pick up on water or whatever we are looking for but have no other way of expressing it as yet rather than via a very easily movable object? But physics denote that we are energetic beings with an awful lot of 'empty' space that is ubviously useful for something, we havent scratched the surface yet about energy interactions...

S

Stewart

You know when you look out on the street from behind a closed window, most people feel watched and look around, nobody can explain that either, but it happens. We don't understand that 90% presumably idel part of our brain yet and what it can pick up on. Perhaps it's our brains that pick up on water or whatever we are looking for but have no other way of expressing it as yet rather than via a very easily movable object? But physics denote that we are energetic beings with an awful lot of 'empty' space that is ubviously useful for something, we havent scratched the surface yet about energy interactions...

I can agree with you to a certain extent, with one of my favorite books being "The Celestine Prophecy" about how we can control the energy around us for the greater good. But it's always too easy to claim something we don't truly understand, to be weird and wonderful....... when in reality, it's just smoke and mirrors.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Dan I agree 100%, I am a skeptic. I just can't explain, the times I have witnessed This phenomenon, maybe it is just parlour tricks. I don't know, but having seen this method successfully locate water mains many times, I somtimes wonder:yikes::thumbsup:

D

doit4u

A few weeks ago a neighbour came round asking if I had a metal detector as he wanted to check the run of the pipe across his lawn from the oil tank to the house as he was thinking of digging a hard standing for his caravan.

Said I didn't have one but would pop round in a few minutes and locate it for him. Cut two lengths about 18 inches long of some stiffish plastic covered steel wire that I use to tie up things in the garden. I bent about 4 inches at right angles to loosely hold in my fists.

Went to the neighbour and he thought I was having a wind up until I showed him. He was convinced I was manipulating the wire until he tried it himself.

I can remember when I was a lad living in West Africe that they employed a Deviner to find water and pick positions for wells. He would use a Y shaped stick holding the two legs of the Y with the bottom facing away from him and it would dip down if there was water under the ground. I think the best is supposed to be a hazel stick. Sometimes he wouldn't even bother with the stick he would just look at the lay of the ground and could tell where the was underground water - he was invarialby right.

U

user123

I can agree with you to a certain extent, with one of my favorite books being "The Celestine Prophecy" about how we can control the energy around us for the greater good. But it's always too easy to claim something we don't truly understand, to be weird and wonderful....... when in reality, it's just smoke and mirrors.

Oh, I liked the Celestine Prophecy, too, it was lent to me, someone thought I might like it, huffed at it at first, read and loved it, actually just nodded all the way through, I could have written it I thought, I understand all this, wow, I'm not the only weird one! I don't really wonder so much any more, I just take it as fact that some things I cannot explain but they happen, that maybe my brain is cleverer than I think and that I should just let it go and do stuff to suprise me :) There are people I have never as yet met, but will at some point, and there is a connection, a resonance, recognition. Scientifically? NO logical explanation, but real? Absolutely - and exciting, as it says in the CP we come together for a while for a purpose and I love the graphic description of the transfer of energy and colours. It's good to be sceptical, but not good to be so closed to overlook the magic.

Reply to Can't believe what just happened in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm new to here but have picked up some good information from other threads but need a...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
F
Hi all, I could really use some help with preparing my kitchen floor for tiling. I have taken...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
S
HI All Dont know if this should be posted here but I dont know what to put it under so if it...
Replies
Views
micko
M
C
our floor tiles have started making a crunching sound. Pulling them up is not an option. Is...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Can't believe what just happened
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.