Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Carpy's job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

I cant believe they were still exxpecting payment, there is something rotten in the trade at the moment and I wish there was a way of stamping it out

And if they were Arms members and posted it as JOTM we wouldn't be talking about it!
How do you expect our trade to have any integrity.
With this standard of work being accepted by members of this forum with the attitude - don't upset them / your being bitchy / don't bully them - what message is that sending out.
There are plenty of excellent pictures of quality work on display with great comments - but life's not all roses - this thread shows what happens when characters like these are allowed to continue.
The photos by whitebeam don't show the full horror he has been faced with on this job - the lad Carpy and his mother deserve to be protected from this type of work and this Forum is one place that should have an issue with protecting our trade - not hiding it in a closed section and burying our heads.
I try to be constructive and have been called tough (as well as a pusseycat) but it's only comments on what's been posted and they deserve the courtesy of an honest reply.
Enjoy your trade!

M

mikethetile

I agree with you John

but I dont know the answers, the forum wants to remain a freindly approachable place where less experianced members can come and learn and hammering them publicly will humiliate them and stop them learning, some way through this needs to be found, ive already given my views to Dan on the way the trade polices itself and stamps out the rubbish, its not pretty but it does work, they either up their game or clear off

but its Dans forum and thats way he wants it run so im toeing the party line and hope that someone somewhere on here has the answer to this

problem is John we are both of a generation where crap is crap, it doesnt matter if you sprinkle sugar on it and tie a pretty bow around it. its still crap

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
And if they were Arms members and posted it as JOTM we wouldn't be talking about it!
How do you expect our trade to have any integrity.
With this standard of work being accepted by members of this forum with the attitude - don't upset them / your being bitchy / don't bully them - what message is that sending out.
There are plenty of excellent pictures of quality work on display with great comments - but life's not all roses - this thread shows what happens when characters like these are allowed to continue.
The photos by whitebeam don't show the full horror he has been faced with on this job - the lad Carpy and his mother deserve to be protected from this type of work and this Forum is one place that should have an issue with protecting our trade - not hiding it in a closed section and burying our heads.
I try to be constructive and have been called tough (as well as a pusseycat) but it's only comments on what's been posted and they deserve the courtesy of an honest reply.
Enjoy your trade!

We never condone poor work.

Regarding the bitchiness, I said just don't do it behind closed doors hidden away in the elite like children. Do it in the thread that you have a problem with instead.

As for JOTM. Elite took a vote and decided for it to carry on as it was, not me, the mods or Dave.

D

DHTiling

Just to add to Dan's post John..
The thread you are basing this on is the JOTM thread in Elite and that was about just that said thread JOTM, no one has said that members cannot say anything to another member in the threads about work, the point was not to spoil the JOTM thread with these type of remarks and leave it directly to pm's just for that one particular thread..JOTM.. i cannot see how hard this is to understand..?

So just to confirm.. if you see work you are not happy with then please do give constructive advice or whatever to that member in the said thread,,,just not the jotm thread thus putting members off from entering.. you wanted this aired out of Elite..so it is now.. Does that make it any clearer..?

It is just JOTM thread..:thumbsup:

Reply to Carpy's job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile Mosaic Tile - Find or Make from Scratch?
Re: the attached photo of a strip of mosaic tiles (15mm x 15mm) - I'd like if I can to either...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Carpy's job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.