Discuss Cars - no engine coolant in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

When you say no coolant in the engine I assume you mean inthe water bottle, iirc the should only be half to three quarters full, marked on them, as Dave says, could be head gasket but if that were the case I would have thought the engine to have gone bang by now, easy check is dip the oil, remove the oil filler cap, are there any signs of emulsification / creaminess ?

D

Deleted member 9966

When you say no coolant in the engine I assume you mean inthe water bottle, iirc the should only be half to three quarters full, marked on them, as Dave says, could be head gasket but if that were the case I would have thought the engine to have gone bang by now, easy check is dip the oil, remove the oil filler cap, are there any signs of emulsification / creaminess ?

thanks Alan. Will instruct Mr GRR to get out there with his golf umbrella and look. :grin:

D

Deleted member 9966

What's the oil level like?

all fine Ali, sitting nicely between the two markers on the dipstick. Mr GRR has had a good look around the oil and can't see anything of concern. Now that he's topped the coolant back up, there's nothing untoward appearing in that...

If the head gasket was on the verge of blowing, would I be seeing less power? it's not lost any oil and it's not burning it/running blue on start up...

Mr GRR reckons it's running nice and smooth now the coolant level is up and he thinks there must have been some in there, but just not enough to show up.

on the cautious side, breakdown cover has just been updated :yesnod:

- - - Updated - - -

is it a turbo intercooler ?

erm.... it's a Renault dci engine... I'll google...

D

Deleted member 9966

right, just pooped my pants about the turbo blowing...

there's been a whistling on it for months, but I put that down to the roof bars and bike skids being on there all the time. gonna take them off and take it for a test run tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds as if it were just low. I take it the heater was working ok ?

aye. everything been working nicely.

J

jlktiling

Why havent you checked your levels before now!
I check mine weekly!

With older cars, they loose water around the pipe connectors, and through the radiator joints.
Over that length of time, its not a suprise if you havent checked it!

As for head gasket, if it had gone badly, you would see lots of white smoke coming from the exhaust (even on warm days)
Smoke colours are as follows.
Black - Fuel problem (too much fuel in engine) DPF needs replacing (diesel)
White - burning water
Blue - burning oil.

Reply to Cars - no engine coolant in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
It was time to get my car serviced and an MOT. My usual garage had no bookings in time for the...
Replies
Views
Fliselege
F
G
I had today off due to finishing a job early over the weekend . Today was the start of having...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
Hose pipe bans in place in most of the south. You can still use buckets and watering cans though...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, hope that someone might be able to help. We are currently in the process of tiling our...
Replies
Views
M
Y
Hi All, I have for the past 24 hours getting to grips with a lot of issues with regard to...
Replies
Views
YNWA2012
Y

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB