UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Case of The Hungarian Tiler Handyboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pyjcb

Hi Tilers!

I am Lajos (Lewis) Illes - pyjcb -.
I am writing from Hungary.
I find this forum today, fortunatly :)
I am an unqualified, but in some degree trained and for the individual wokr accomplished tiler.
The tiling is not my lone skill. In my "career" I tried a lots of scope of activities. I was "broker" :) (when I was still untutored and musing), "privat detective" (but it was not rewarding), pyrotechnist, decorator, bricklayer, self-employed tiler, and now (pro tem) I am hand of my friend who is an electrician.
I was two times in the UK to try my luck. I was in both of season a seasonal farm worker. That was good for me to come to know the english language and the self-supporting UK life better.
Now I want try my luck again. But now I want to work that what I like. And this is not in the horticulture, it is better in the buildings.
I have some affinity and ability to the floor and wall tiling, and because that is pay better than the farm worker job - the money is necessary to achieve my dreams -, I think I want make my fortune as a tiler.
Soon (as soon as possible, as I find an employer who take me under his wings) I drive with my Swift to the UK. The car is needed to have mobility.
I begin to earn money. I can pay my expenses - living quarters hire, food, other. And I can save money.
From my saved money I want graduate from tiling. Make CSCS and other necessary documents to I can work as a licensed tiler.
Later maybe I want be an self-employed tiler in the UK. I can earn more money, I can graduate more courses in the buildings. And once I will do several work from the tiling to the electricity, and I will make full house renew oneself or with my partners.

The important is now the first step. I should find an employer who take me under his wings.
In the first period, until I confirm my ability and knowledge I do not want eran to much - little below the run of the mill wages.
Because my prime cause to be in the UK is the working, for this end I can work when needed. Monday-Sunday which days needed, and any hours a day. If arise overtime is good for me, because this is more money to make my ideas.

If somebody who read this message can help me in this above, please make it, and I will thank it.

I hope my tilersforum usage will be fruitful. And I wish for every user similar.

Cincerely

pyjcb

P

pyjcb

Hi Dave!

Thank you the welcome and the hungarian word :)

Little bit slur Your words for me :), I hope my message was much better for You and for the UK members.

I want to move to the UK if I get a good offer, and I intend stay for longer - maybe years. In some UK country works hungarian people that they work 7-8 weeks more than 5 day weekly, and than they get 1-2 weeks holiday to spend time at homecountry. I think this is good system. But in the first season for me much important to working, get more knowledge and in the free time graduate the tiling, and make all needed dokuments for the UK life. If I can drive in Januar, or Februar, than for the first time I want holiday for 1-2 weeks is somewhere end of May, start of Juni, because there is in Hungary a big off-road jamboree, in which I always there for some years ago.

I never was trained by school. Everything what I know I learned from my employers, by whose I was labourer. After 2 years labourer job I made an own company (self-employed with english words), that was between 2003 and 2006, and I made several type of renew works by the buildings. Sometimes I renewed whole flats - tiling, electricity servicing, and decorating. But for one people it was very expensive to hold on an own company I broken of that in 2006. Since this time I was 2 times in the UK for seasonal farm work - how I write erlier. End in the last period I was labourer by an electrician, so I have now elevtricity skills too.

Between my other works I made approximately 800-1000 quadratmetre floor and walltiling, mostly in living quarters - kitchens, badrooms and other. So I think I am not beginner. But I want to begin this from the front, becasuse I want to be good trained and skillful tiler in the UK.

pyjcb

Hello and welcome to tilersforums ..

Mikor időt tölt az Egyesült Királyságban.

Voltak-e valamilyen formális képzés az csempézés ipar ..

várom, hogy a bemeneti és élvezze az üdülést.

D

diamondtiling

???

His IP and location dom..

host-88-132-15-91.prtelecom.hu

88.132.15.91 is from Hungary(HU) in region Eastern Europe

Dave

I will stick my neck out here and put money on the table, I have taught the English Language to people with no qualifications for the last 8 years, I only do it by request from an adult learning college, The students all come to me. If that is a genuine guy from Hungary then fair play to him, reading through it I had the Impression it was an English person living in Hungary.
I hope I am wrong.
As soon as I read it I picked up on lots of on purpose spelling mistakes.
It made me laugh out loud.
That is a guy having a laugh and fair play to him, if I am wrong he can drive his Honda swift over to Cheshire and work with me, or would he rather go back to being an explosive/firework expert.

:lol::lol:

P

pyjcb

Dave

I will stick my neck out here and put money on the table, I have taught the English Language to people with no qualifications for the last 8 years, I only do it by request from an adult learning college, The students all come to me. If that is a genuine guy from Hungary then fair play to him, reading through it I had the Impression it was an English person living in Hungary.
I hope I am wrong.
As soon as I read it I picked up on lots of on purpose spelling mistakes.
It made me laugh out loud.
That is a guy having a laugh and fair play to him, if I am wrong he can drive his Honda swift over to Cheshire and work with me, or would he rather go back to being an explosive/firework expert.

:lol::lol:

Dear Diamondtiling

I want pin You down to Your word..

I am really a hungarian young guy. I learned Your language in the high school. I was little bit bad pupil, it was not simple to me to graduate the high school diploma. I studied computer studies there. There was weekly 6 english class hour for 4 years, and later some self teaching before my UK seasonal work tours. I think I can communicate in writing well – it help I can use online dictionary-, but my articulation is not the best, and I understand the english peoples speech badly – I think because I never spoke too much with british, but I want.

I road Your profile and I an saw You learned the trade like me, self taught. You are in the tiling 20 years ago. I think I could learn a lot from You.

I want pin You down to Your word, if Your message was sincere and thought really that I can work with You.
I need for somebody who give me work, or help me find work till I can aquire well the english languages, get mightly routine, UK education, CSCS card, other dokuments, and much more saved money what I have now (now below 1.000pound), because it need to the expense during to do my next life steps.

I do not want You stick Your neck out and put money on the table. I want only You take me under Your swings for a tract of time.

If we can come to an understanding succesfully, I will drive to You, to Crewe, Cheshire – but not with my Honda Swift -, with my Suzuki Swift:
Broken Link Removed

And if „needed” I make for You a complimentary fireshow. (It is only a joke :) )

pyjcb

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Case of The Hungarian Tiler Handyboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.