UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss cataloging your tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I sorted out my van and tools store this morning and decided to catalogue all my plant and equipment
2 reasons firstly I keep buying stuff I dont need or have already got tucked away somewhere and secondly I want to get it covered on my house insurance incase it ever gets stolen ,I ended finding that I own 7 silicone guns ,5 hard hats and 9 fuel gerry cans amongst all the other equipment I have and I am sure I dont really need 3 washboys

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I looked in the back of my van today and was shocked to find 4 Hungarians in there! Unfortunately, they were not the type of Hungarians that I would have liked to have discovered hiding in my van....

Did they ask if you had any work for them? They "can do almost everything in house remodeling like,wall&floor tile,wallboard,plasterboard,paint,parquet renovwork" Obviously not Dora Venter then, i'll check my van and see if she's in there. Will keep you updated on my findings. :thumbsup:

M

Mike Mike

Did they ask if you had any work for them? They "can do almost everything in house remodeling like,wall&floor tile,wallboard,plasterboard,paint,parquet renovwork" Obviously not Dora Venter then, i'll check my van and see if she's in there. Will keep you updated on my findings. :thumbsup:

They did offer to work 11 - 12 yours a day for 400 EURO a month which I thought was a disgrace because a) we don't us EURO over here, we voted NO to the EURO, twice! and b) because I was only going to offer them the equivalent of 200 EURO a month... :lol:

T

Time's Ran Out

Back to the tools!
I'am sure that is why Easter is for 4 days - so we can take stock of our tools.
For me it is the stack of Gorilla Tubs 3 large Black, 1 medium Black, 3 large Red, 2 small Red, and 10 small Yellow.
Now I know that some have holes in (larger tools go in them) and 2 of the large black are for inserting a small yellow for mixing in, but still 19 tubs (even when clean and stacked inside each other) is a lot to carry around.
The back of the van was so tidy I almost took a picture.

Somerset
Did you know that Staples sell tubs of 24 HB pencils? Thats just about enough to keep me going on each job as I routinely "missplace" each pencil.

Have you noticed how your mixing bucket always gets a hole in it when you dont have a spare?

Why is it that the first 100mm of a tape measure becomes unreadable after 2 jobs?

I have too many trowels to keep them in a tool box. I string them on a washing along along the side wall of the van.

I have discovered the teaching of Zen Minimalism. Its about how to visualise your work and ensure that you only need to carry one box of tools onto a site.

I discovered how to stop ripping my hands open with Stanley Blades. I bought a box of 100 replacement blades. Now I never use a blade that isn't sharp - now I dont cut myself but when I do it will be much easier to stitch up my hand after cutting it with a clean sharp knife........

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to cataloging your tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Any of you have your tools insured? I have a PL insurance policy that doesn't cover any tools to...
Replies
Views
C
Have been asked to price a splashback of 8 meters of marble tiles, no one else in my area...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
Looks like no one could reply as I used the word, print! In the title. So here we go. As a few...
Replies
Views
I have just done a compare the meerkat and am looking at somewhere in the region of £150 to...
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.