Discuss first time cutting marble in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cone

Cuts into corners I'd do with my grinder as they would be siliconed, when doing round the window I'd use my wet cutter to give the best possible finish, all cuts would be seen as I like many others don't use trims with stone. Since I got my polisher and profiling bits 12 months ago I now offer the customer the option of half bull nosing the edges. Most don't want to pay for the extra time but those that do are always blown away how good it looks.

What about cutting sqs out for sockets, switches. Would you use a grinder?

C

cone

How would you fix translucent marble?

what adhesive for resin backed marble?

bullnosing and hand polishing external edges .

the list goes on ...

How would you do it

Its a splashback so I was thinking of adding a bead/corner piece instead of bullnosing. Cut with grinder and ask in tile store what Addy is best for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
U

Unregistered

Back-butter the marble tiles as well as spreading adhesive on the wall. Use a flexible white adhesive if the marble is translucent. If you're not bullnosing, perhaps use a wide trim.
The following shows you some threads on the forum related to marble: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sour...8#q=site:tilersforums.com+adhesive+for+marble

Thank you Dan. Really appreciate you taking time to point out a few things.
As for back buttering, I back butter every tile I lay thou with marble, with I trowel with the notched side or just the flat like I do with other tiles.

Reply to first time cutting marble in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Hope you are all having a fantastic Xmas. To cut a long story short I have installed...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
first time cutting marble
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond