Discuss Celebrity Gossip: Can you believe this? 365Drills will be drilling holes into... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

OK here is a weird one for you. We took an agency call to ask if we could drill holes into a celebrities house. Who is it?

The guy in question is that TV archetect George Clarke.

george-clarke.jpg

Now for the weird part.

We will not be drilling holes into his house. (Well we WILL be drilling holes in his house)

Huh? [What are you going on about 365drills.....]

From a cobbled together conversation it seems we are going to be drilling holes into a REPLICA of his house which is being constructed for the Ideal Home Show later this year.

The house is being built in sections and is a brick by brick copy of his home. They are going to recreate it in the centre of Earls Court.

They are SO WORRIED about the expensive tiles breaking on the job site that we have been asked to go in and finish them off.

I almost had my autograph book ready but my gut feeling is that our man will not exactly be on site.... Oh well !

Its a bit of a trip up past Northampton and into Kettering.

But we have quoted our day rate and have been called in this Friday. (Might sneek my cameras along just in case...!)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Re: Celebrity Gossip: Can you believe this? 365Drills will be drilling holes into.

They build some mad stuff for that show. I've seen a river in the main hall with a gondola on it, and a bridge you walked over to view the house. At the time is was the two gay blokes that were the 'in' thing and they designed the house. Disgusting IMO but the customers seemed to love it. Sold hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of garden furniture there and earned a mere 3k that year. Grrrrrrrr! Hate the damn place now for it haha

Well done R.

Somerset
Re: Celebrity Gossip: Can you believe this? 365Drills will be drilling holes into.

Sorry Richard, not impressive. Now if you were about to drill perfect holes into the bodywork of Jeremy Clarksons latest GTO Triple Turbo Mustang Mark 3, as a "bit of a wheeze" from James May (who believes that asthetics are so important and the holes must be perfect if we are really going to upset Clarkson and 365 drills are NOT manufactured in Mexico...)

Now that would be impressive.

I used to work with a guy called George Clark.

Andy (dedicated 365 customer who thinks he can extract human waste without penalty)

D

Deleted member 1779

Yeah actually when they said "Celebrity" my brain went through a large number of people and I never got to this guy...

Even when they said "Celebrity Archetect" I wished for Sarah Beeny. But hey ho - you cant pick and choose.

Like the guy who was told once "You are on a list... The Z list" he replied. "Well at least I am on a list..."

Reply to Celebrity Gossip: Can you believe this? 365Drills will be drilling holes into... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Coming up in 2016 is the new look box set for installers of very hard tiles. Something for...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
The guys at Hansgrohe have made life great for clients but difficult for installers. There is...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
Drilling a hole into a Belle bath. Fitting Victorian taps. Drill steel baths. Project fitting...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
At 365Drills we have a wide range of small sized diamond cores. The price you pay depends on...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Celebrity Gossip: Can you believe this? 365Drills will be drilling holes into...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.