Discuss Changing from system to combi boiler with under floor pipework. Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Changing from system to combi boiler with under floor pipework. Discussion Thread

Wondering should i change a system boiler with a combi if I have underfloor pipes in a single storey 2 bed 90s bungalow There are only 9 bungalows in the close and I was told 2 of these had leaks in floor when they changed to a combi by a neighbor. He said as he was an engineer he would not advise the change as it was something to do with the different pressures the boilers operate on. What are the issues ? is it not advisable to use a combi for under floor piping. wouldn't I just need to suck out the underfloor pipes and cap them off and then run new pipework down the walls. I must admit I did have a burst water pipe in my previous house and that was a under floor network also with a combi boiler. It doesn't put me off though as I need the space downstairs as well as the loft space. Any advice on this subject would be much appreciated , cheers guys.

Changing from system to combi boiler with under floor pipework. for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to Changing from system to combi boiler with under floor pipework. Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Changing from system to combi boiler with under floor pipework. Discussion Thread
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Plumbing Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond