Discuss Charcoal Limestone Bad Experience! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jc02

Spent weekend scrubbing. Use HG Spot Stain Remover and then HG Remover as recommended by HG helpline. White marks still there despite repeated attempts. If anything, looks worse now that the sealer is off. Won't post any pics as it is too depressing and I think they would make the top ten of tile disasters and you'll all tell me and I'll feel worse!

Although I think further scrubbing would give some minor improvement and colour enhancing stain would darken and hide a bit, it looks very unlikely that the end result would be anything that anyone would want. Realistically, I think I am onto honing or re-tiling. So it is really a cost comparison exercise. My questions:
1. When tiles and adhesive are lifted, does the subsurface (self-levelling compund in this case) usually need renewal/repair?
2. What are the pros and cons of grinding an existing floor?
3. If within the rules of this forum, if anyone is within reach of Cardiff and wants to quote or give an indicative cost for grinding (or replacing) a 31sqm area, would be happy to receive PMs. I need an idea of comparative costs so I can choose a course of action.
Thanks you all for your help so far. Invaluable.

Reply to Charcoal Limestone Bad Experience! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all I laid a full patio with black limestone last October on a full layer of concrete. I...
Replies
Views
We had limestone pavers installed by our pool builder. Would really appreciate some feedback on...
Replies
Views
I have cream coloured limestone tiles installed on outdoor walls around the perimeter of my...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Charcoal Limestone Bad Experience!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.