Discuss Cheaper linear drain alternative in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

ds1980

Following on from a recent thread. My wet room keeps evolving and we are now sloping the floor towards the dry area as such where the door would e but we have now decided that we are not going o have a door. I think a linear drain would be best but they seem wrt expensive. I have seen the ones for driveways etc for about £20. Can these be adapted? Also do the linear drains have membranes? And how is best to fit them ensuring no leaks. Any advice would be great. Ta

S

Scott

They are expensive but then as more people fit them im sure the prices will start to come down. Its the supply and demand ethic.

The whole wetroom floor is still a relatively new trend in the UK and was always disabled/elderly facilities with the Altro flooring. Its picking up but the supply and distributin isnt too widely available. My local plumbers merchants dont have much to do with it at all when i asked what they had the response was 'Errrr' and a head scratch.

However with larger chains like bathstore now selling them then others should follow suit and make them more widely available as the smaller merchants will want to compete with the DIY sheds

Reply to Cheaper linear drain alternative in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Just reached the point of tiling the floor of my wetroom. It has an Impey Aquadec linear 2...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D
Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Cheaper linear drain alternative
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.