Discuss Chipboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

pebbles

Hi all
just a quick one guys (or maybe not) but can we finally put to bed the best way to tile over water proofed chipboard.
i have used a few methods over the years and touch wood no probs but it seems now that customers with new floors are arguing when I tell them that it has to be overlaid because the builder said it would be fine.
they seem to think the the tiler (or not tiler) that they have had another quote from tells them they don't so they think they are being ripped off by me which usually leads me to tell them to use him but don't call me when it fails.
so let's have it in black and white from all over the uk so I can print of and show them who's right.

O

One Day

Just remembered today that last year I fixed 600x600 porcs to chipboard (not P5) that was heated (polypipe under-floor).
After discussions with Kerakoll I used H40 Eco Rapidflex, making sure that the floor was well braced and I got 100% coverage.
I went back yesterday to repair a bit of wall grout in the bathroom and the floor is a-ok still.
Rapidflex is NOT an S2 like fastflex - felt just like a normal adhesive in use.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Chipboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
We inherited split face tiles on a feature wall in our ensuite. In my naivety over the last few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB