Discuss Chipboard in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

I've a hall way to tile, 10m2, & have height issues with the front door, it can't be raised.
I haven't got enough height to overboard with 6mm Hardie so it looking like I need to tile direct to chipboard.
The floor is solid with no bounce in it.
I've told him the problems associated with this but he wants it tiled.
Is there any other adhesive that anyone would use apart from bal fast flex that works out cheaper as I'm looking at £57 per bag.

S

Stef

Cheers folks, I'm going against the grain in what I tell people to not tile to & chipboard floors being one of them.
Paul, (Chalker) I do have TileMaster SetaFlex that states it can be used on a chipboard overlay.
I've got Ditra in the garage so that's an option, I also have a roll of Butech Imperband but wasn't sure if either were suitable as it's not something I've done onto chipboard before.

S

Stef

It's states on the bags of SetaFlex as well that it can be used straight over chipboard.
I ended up using Ditra & AF200 to glue it to the floor.
I'm still trying to get that glue off my trousers after 3/4 days, it sticks rather well.
4fc9b5c31ddd3a87f1604510d46ced00.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Chipboard in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Im soon to start overboarding my floor. (22mm chipboard tng) in prep for tiling. The floor is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all. I am a keen DIYer (at home) but have never tiled! I want to tile our small...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having somevictorian tiles laid down our front path and up the front door and have seen...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB