Discuss Claims to fame in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I've met a few 'celebs' over the years. Recent ones to date are driving past Linda Robson in Loughton few days ago, pricing jermain defoes mothers four bathrooms and getting goldsteins job (levy of spurs partner). Used to have access to nufc players lounge on a regular basis. Met shearer, John major and and walked into gemma from Towie with a kebab wrap in hand whilst she got papped outside mojoes in South Woodford Christmas past. Few others but can't remember.

J

jonnyc

people i have tiled for over the years.
roman abramovich( chelsea) x 2 / daniel levy ( tottenham )
edward heath ( prime minister . second job i ever did and sacked half way through for laying his tiles upside down!!! )
eric clapton ,robert smith ( the cure) , kate bush ,nick lowe !
ade edmundson and jennifer saunders ,antony worral thompson (chef and shoplifter)
des oconnor ( likes a super brew and early starter !)
lord puttenham (film director)
numerous other mps and general all round known owners of massive multi nationalsbut not intesresting to mention.
out of all of these i suppose the ted heath one was the most stressfull. it was only because i had not a clue what i was doing really but neither did anyone else. the tiles were 3ft x 3ft x 1 inch
i was up the whole night when dave and i realised that we had laid them upside down and we had to get them up quick.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Just remembered, one of my ex-school mates went on to play professional cricket for Northamptonshire (Dave Ripley),. When he was at school he had the choice of joining Leeds United as pro or cricket for *********. What a choice, he did excel at sport though.

My wife has met many famous people in the hotel where she works. To name a few, Tina Turner, U2, Westlife, Beckham and rest of England team, Real Madrid team, Glenn Hoddle, David Jason, Jason Donovan.......Oh how the rich live...:lol:

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
well therses been a few of those but cant say too much!!!
there was my dodgy client in south africa when i did a job out there .
plus the swedish mafia chap with the xploding ferrari enzo on the malibu highway!!
I know, it was SWEEDISH MIKE :lol:
jeees Jonnyc, you work for mafia ... I only work for nice people, artists etc.
Here is one,, Ken Howard, many years ago
[video]http://www.kenhoward.co.uk/[/video]

J

jonnyc

I know, it was SWEEDISH MIKE :lol:
jeees Jonnyc, you work for mafia ... I only work for nice people, artists etc.
Here is one,, Ken Howard, many years ago
[video]http://www.kenhoward.co.uk/[/video]
now ken seems like a the sort i like to work for.
well we all like a rogue as long as we get paid .
at least when doing these tiling jobs there was a reference point to try and get money.
when i had my previous life as an adventurer , deals were done /struck / lost and won in pretty equal measures and it was only your wits that kept you above water

J

jonnyc

people at your
i did not like my school for various reasons but my lot was my lot and you just get on with it.
great people have come from here, clement attlee( prime minister ) sterling moss was at same school with my father same time . alan acykbourn ( theatre) christopher nolan ( batman director )
there are many others but the one great statistic is that my school has more victoria cross awards than any other bar eton college.
I think I am the only tiler to ever have come from haileybury

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a kick about with Callum Best many years ago at local soccer school when His dad made a guest appearance. A little shy kid with big head of blonde hair. Being the friendly type I passed the ball too him as the rest of the group sort of sneered and joked about his shell suit Lol. He was a fair bit younger, I guess ten or twelve. He didn't pose for a photo but George did. A gentleman

na2apyma.jpg

That's around 1993, I'm not saying which one I am ;) RIP George.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Claims to fame in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for some advice.... A returning client has came to me in a bit of a dilemma and...
Replies
Views
lizzardtong
L
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
T
Hi Guys, I appreciate that this is "yet another" newbie question, so I'll try to be clear and...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views
E
I receive this i-mail for one job: Work Friday-Monday Eduardo, Work for tomorrow...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB