Discuss cleaning grout from tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

ive go to look at a job tommorrow

builder refitted two bathrooms, half way through second bathroom tiler had as his fill of the builder and jacked , builder said to the client that not to worry as his son will finish the job, his son failed to clean the grout off and they tried two days later and couldnt get it clean

apparently they tried everything including brick acid, from what I can gather the tiles are porcelain, but maybe ceramic. they are not stone but look like stone. in the end this builder had a tantrum and walked out because she insisted she wanted them cleaned off

as well as a black pad whats the best cleaner to use

this is one of my clients and she is not in the least unreasonable to deal with, she just wants things done right

I know the builder too and he is a nice bloke but a complete nightmare to work with, he doesnt listen and knows better than everyone else

his favourite expression is , what am I paying you for, why isnt it finished

I wont work for him again and im not surprised the tiler jacked

Reply to cleaning grout from tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hello need some help had a new bathroom done though a builder and the tiling does not look like...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
cleaning grout from tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.