Discuss Cleaning Indian Sandstone tiles - help in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bobslay

Hi, first time poster so me gentle. We have just had some light coloured Indian sandstone tiles put down in our kitchen. The guy who installed them put a couple of coats of sealer on and said we should top it up every 6 months or so. They have been down for about two weeks and already we have a problem. They have picked up quite a few marks (drips etc) and when we tried to clean them they won't come off, we have tried our usual floor cleaner but it doesn't budge them and we don't want to use anything abrasive as we don't know how it will react.

Is there some product we should be using to get the marks off, also is there any kind of treatment you would recommend to make future marks easier to remove?

Many thanks

Q

Qwerty

Hi, Thanks for the speedy response, it was HG (Hagesan) Impregnating sealer

From my limited knowledge of HG products I was on the understanding that the impregnating sealer wasn't suitable for natural stone, and that the HG natural stone impregnating protector should be used instead. You will likely need HG Marble and Natural Stone Stripper to clean it all right back and start from scratch IMO.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cleaning Indian Sandstone tiles - help in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Does anyone have a recommendation on how to tile over an old sandstone hearth? I know...
Replies
Views
We inherited split face tiles on a feature wall in our ensuite. In my naivety over the last few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, We washed our Indian slate floor with stone floor cleaner and whilst it has cleaned them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB