Discuss clients that cancel in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I has a customer phone me in July and I told them I can't get to them until November, they were a bit grumpy about it but said they'd wait anyway, they phoned me back last week to say they've booked a holiday for that week now, so can I do it earlier! I had to laugh, if I could do it earlier, I'd have booked you in earlier in the 1st place!!!!!

Some people are just hard work.

They sound like the type that will cancel on you at the last minute. .

I

Ian

They sound like the type that will cancel on you at the last minute. .

I've done a couple of jobs for them before and they seem to think that it gives them some sort of preference, don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for all the work that people give me, large or small but, sometimes people just seem to think that we are all available the next day and if they want to change their minds then that's ok.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
when you quote, state your terms and conditions:" materials deposit required via transfer to confirm project and allocate installation date, labour upon completion" that will 1) know that you have the project and schedule properly 2) know that they're not time wasters... remember, you are trusting them with your labour ? 50/50 deal ;-)

Totally agree thats the way to go on a large project but for those £300 to £500 jobs where your supplying no materials then imo you would loose the job asking for deposits.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to clients that cancel in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
Bit of a strange subject title for a tiling forum, but that’s what I’ve had for the past 10...
Replies
Views
Russell brown
R
O
.......so as u've probably already seen, @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin exhibits at the Sleep Exhibition...
Replies
Views
Last week was a pain......booked to do 4 units at a barn conversion (Let's, for a B&B) nothing...
Replies
Views
MTiler
M
C
Original order was four items - tile trim, tile border, tiles and Toleno mix mosaics - ordered...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB