UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Coalition consider putting clocks forwards by TWO HOURS in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

The plan to bring in British Summer Time + 1 under a new 'tourism strategy' is backed by David Cameron, road safety campaigners and doctors.

Read more: Double summertime: Coalition may put clocks forward TWO HOURS | Mail Online

Personally i think it should just be left at summer time all year round.. no clocks back or forwards just leave it at the summertime ..

Your thoughts on this.?

D

DHTiling

I didn't know a trial was carried out years back..

Between 1968 and 1971, a British Standard Time was tested, which saw the clocks not put back during winter and stay one hour ahead of GMT all year round.
Statistics showed that 2,500 fewer people were seriously injured or killed on the roads during this time.

I would like lighter nights in the winter months.. as cutting outside past 3:30pm is impossible if no lights..:lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I don't mind the way it is. And I've heard this a couple of years ago and nowt happened then. I can't see how you can guarantee the deaths reported are particularly related to it being dark either. But hey-ho perhaps somebody can speak to the dead and find out the real reasons to why the extra deaths happened.

It would be strange trying to get used to it if it did happen though. I wonder how much of an effect it would have on the economy in general.

M

mikethetile

this is bringing us into line with the eu and is called Berlin time

the 2 hr change is for year one and then after that we adjust I hour, its going to have a serious effect on building work as a 7am start will be 5 am start and for the first few hrs of the day we will be in darkness, Im dreading it as noon will be 2 in the afternoon and my body clock wont like that

this bill has been going through parliament for a while and is on its last reading

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Coalition consider putting clocks forwards by TWO HOURS in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.