Discuss Codgers Close in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doit4u

I have suggested to the neighbours that we ought to rename our cul-de-sac "Codgers Close" as I have now 'officially' retired {you may have seen my recent thread Reluctantly Retiring} their is only one person left with a proper job as a Learning Support Assisitant in a local school.

We have the following retirees:-

BT gang forman and a nurse

Petrol pump engineer and a council clerical worker,

Fancy goods shopkeeper and professional organist and harp player

Police fire arms officer

Dairy farmer

Pharmacist and a nurse

Tailor

My dad who is along retired building surveyor and my boss who was a secretary.

So can you all please keep working hard to make sure we can carry on living our life of luxury.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
lol - I like it.

So basically if something out of the ordinary happened in your street you're pretty well prepared. The copper could shoot 'em, the nurses and pharmacist could tend to injured, the BT gang forman can use the box at the end of the street to call somebody for help, your old man can judge whether what's happened is going to cause any of the houses to fall down, the petrol pump engineer can make sure all the vehicles are filled ready for the emergency get away, the organist and harp player can provide some tunage like on the titanic to keep people calm, the dairy farmer can sort out some food and milk, the tailer can repair clothes worn by battle, and the secretary and council clerical worker can write down everything whats happening and pretend to actually do something more important.

That just leaves you. What you tiling during this war? lol

I'd call the street 'Well Prepared Avenue'.

D

doit4u

An interesting take on things. What could I do in this situation?

Well I am an ex lot of things over my 50 years of work. Starting at 13 part-time in a motor spares shop. I have been {some of them part-time or temporary} aglass collector/washer up in a ballroom, a barman, van, taxi & lorry driver, door to door salesman for burgler alarms, department store shop assistant, tractor driver on a dairy farm, BT network planning engineer, in the army {Bristish Forces Postal & Courier Service}, a stage manager, a film projectionist, a caretaker in an OAP home as well as a self employed handyman who did a bit of tiling.

So any suggestions of what the best role would be for me to play if disaster struck our street.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You could deliver parts to the vehicles if the petrol pump engineer clocked something was missing. But you could also just look busy with the clerk and secretary, if your dad did clock something amiss with the buildings perhaps you could handy-man the problem, failing that you could always collect the empty glasses of milk the farmer provided, then rush door to door making sure people are all out of their unsafe-war-zone-houses, pretty sure if you had a camera you could film it? That way you can clearly point out once it is all over that the clerk and secretary hardly wrote down anything that was going on to prove they weren't actually doing anything. And if the BT guy needed a bit of network planning then you could always give him a piggy back to the box at the end of the road and lend a hand there. You could also be the get away driver as I know both couriers and taxi drivers have heavy right feet. But should you need to, and if one is about, you could stick all the survivors in a lorry and exit 'Well Prepared Avenue' safely but not going over 56mph. The fact you've been a caretaker in a OAP's home means you'll be used to moaning and groaning from the injured. If the musician can play soothing tunes at the same time you'll have it handled.

How's that for a role that meets your sporadic job description? haha

D

doug boardley

An interesting take on things. What could I do in this situation?

Well I am an ex lot of things over my 50 years of work. Starting at 13 part-time in a motor spares shop. I have been {some of them part-time or temporary} aglass collector/washer up in a ballroom, a barman, van, taxi & lorry driver, door to door salesman for burgler alarms, department store shop assistant, tractor driver on a dairy farm, BT network planning engineer, in the army {Bristish Forces Postal & Courier Service}, a stage manager, a film projectionist, a caretaker in an OAP home as well as a self employed handyman who did a bit of tiling.

So any suggestions of what the best role would be for me to play if disaster struck our street.
collector of pensions come funeral director:lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Codgers Close in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

1) The bandage was wound around the wound. 2) The farm was used to produce produce. 3) The dump...
Replies
Views
kendo1
K

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Codgers Close
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.