Discuss cold callers, attention to detail in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

just received a cold caller (even tho' we're on TPS) "hello, is that Mr Douglas Broadley?",,,,
"No" says I, "I'm Mr Douglas Boardley" (not Broadley)
"Ah sorry sir , but are you interested..."
"Whoooooa" says I, " My surname has eight letters in it, and you have got it wrong. I'm a professional tiler and if I tiled your bathroom with 800 tiles and I got 100 of them wrong I think you would doubt my professionalism and attention to detail, as I am doubting yours. Goodnight and Merry Xmas!"
He then tries to apologise by again calling me Mr Douglas Broadley:mad2::mad2:...at this point I hung up:thumbsup: I wonder tho' what he was selling:lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I get them trying to get information off me so that I can go on a database as I am on none. :lol:

Call goes a bit like this:-

Hi, is that Mr Campbell (or some other made up name)?
No.
Sorry, what's your name then?
Not Mr Campbell, have you got the wrong number?
I'm not sure what's your number?
You've just called it.
Right of course sir, sorry we're don't see the numbers we're calling here?
Oh, right, but you see names? Strange.
Yes, typical company computer systems, so, what's your name then?
Sorry, am I missing something, I think you have the wrong number there's no Mr Campbell here
Is there a Mrs Campbell then?
No
Right well I'm calling from the 'International Database Records Systems for yada yada yada' and we're just updating your information with us, may I take your name?
No, sorry, and I'd say your database does need updating somewhat as no Mr Campbell has ever lived here
Right, and do you have any credit cards?
- Then I hang up.

And to be fair to them I'd get them off the phone quicker but we're both quite quick with our responses as they know full well what you're going to say and ask for your real name quickly to try and get you to say it without thinking.

If you complete the call, they'd know what cards you have and what limits, where you live, your phone number, your full name, your date of birth, and anything else of value to spammers!

S

SandyFloor

The ones that get me are the autodialers that call and then connect you to an operator on answer so if no operator available it's a dead line. On two occasions I've had repeated calls over a couple of weeks or so with dead lines. It was after the first one I discovered when you are connected with an operator how good it feels to yell like a maniac at the operator with the most insulting and foul language. The second time was only last night and I've been waiting for nearly three weeks to be connected with an operator and I just let loose again .....it feels great! I know it's not very nice but I'm not sure I care.

Reply to cold callers, attention to detail in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

G
1. Nick Helm – “I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
A
Well before i get into the selling circle itself there are certain things you need to know in...
Replies
Views
AMtek
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
cold callers, attention to detail
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.