Discuss cold callers, attention to detail in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

OK it happened once :lol: the kids were told to hang up.

A friend of mine years ago lost his wife to cancer and he received a call from someone a month later trying to sell him life insurance. After a bit of probing it transpired the guy had had heard of his loss from a friend and thought he'd be an easy sale and was quite open about it. Not surprisingly he received a foul mouthed yelling down the phone.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
OK it happened once :lol: the kids were told to hang up.

A friend of mine years ago lost his wife to cancer and he received a call from someone a month later trying to sell him life insurance. After a bit of probing it transpired the guy had had heard of his loss from a friend and thought he'd be an easy sale and was quite open about it. Not surprisingly he received a foul mouthed yelling down the phone.

Now that's the type of opportunist I would pursue for a long long time. Rotten git! That's a horrible job to have if you have to sell life insurance like that!

I love Doug's responses to get their company and / or personal contact details on his own records. haha. Touché!

M

mikethetile

you shouldnt abuse them they are only trying to make money like everyone else

I ignore their questions and ask how they are, they say im fine and I say hows your mum and so on, when they start getting ratty with me I say thought you rang for a chat and when they so no they rang for blah di blah I say I dont know why you wasted your time as im not interested the phone is usually put down

one girl with a liverpool accent kept chatting, saying she loved my deep voice and coc kney accent LOL then she said she had to ring off as her supervisor was watching her with a sour look on her face

M

mikethetile

I told BT to stop calling me as I was on TPS. they tried arguing that they are my phone line provider and I politely reminded them that I hadn't given them permission to canvass me on marketing calls. so if they didn't stop calling I would report them to TPS. they didn't ring back :grin:

thats an interesting point, if you are their customer is it cold calling or keeping their customers informed of their services and deals

Reply to cold callers, attention to detail in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

G
1. Nick Helm – “I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
A
Well before i get into the selling circle itself there are certain things you need to know in...
Replies
Views
AMtek
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
cold callers, attention to detail
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.