Discuss Colour and style in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BOFH

Hi guys, I have to do a small bathroom for a friend and would like a little advice on type and style. The room is roughly 8x10, he wants slate on the floor and thats about it as far as his choice goes.

I've tried dragging him to the local bathstore etc but can't manage it :mad2:

I'm going to tile the floor in slate or something that looks like it :thumbsup: and will also tile half way up the walls and all of the bath area. I'd like to use large format tiles if possible and wondered if anyone had a good site to browse to chose what the wall tiles should be.

Your advice would be appreciated, what do you think goes well with slate floor? He kind of likes dark tiles but it's a small room and in my opinion we should stay bright.

Cheers

U

user123

As Doug above, but maybe he is one of those people who would love an interior designer to choose for them. In that spirit, if it was me I'd go for a darkish cherry red for the lower half of the wall, upper half crisp white. you can get away with red in small rooms if you have the light on top, it could look stunning. Matched with a greyand red bathmat and black, grey and/or red towels and flannels, with stainless steel fittings, and hopefully a white bath..oh yes... :yesnod:

Reply to Colour and style in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Colour and style
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.