Discuss Commercial Prices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

Not normally my bag but have been asked several times to price a large commercial job that's 5 minutes from my door step. As I've not done any commercial work for several years (last time I was getting £20 per metre labour only) I was hoping you guys could give me an idea of the going rate for labour only.

The job is 460 square metres of 30x30 honed and polished granite installed on a machine finished screed. It's a huge open area with just perimeter cuts and expansion joints to deal with.
56bab144-be46-ea77.jpg
56bab144-be91-1e76.jpg
56bab144-beb2-1596.jpg

The second part of the job is to install 66 pre-cut 1.5 metre long x 30 mm thick stair treads that need 4 locating holes cut in the back of each tred. There are also 2 curved landings of 4 square metres each to be fitted with pre-cut and formed granite.
56bab144-c071-b8ba.jpg
56bab144-c07f-1d18.jpg

As I've no idea of the going rate for this type of install, I'm open to all suggestions regarding price. There are no materials to supply and is labour only. All tiles are on site and next to floor to be tiled and will have the whole area free of other trades guaranteed if I take it on as the rest of the build is complete. Not sure if I'm actually going to do it or subbie it out as that depends on the rates achievable for this type of work.

Thanks in advance for all advice....

S

Stewart

is there any risers and how are the treads to be fitted sticky or screed bedded ,the areas are good ,I would want £18-20 for the tiling and 2.50metre for fitting the expansion joints, the stairs i would charge £55 per step inclusive of the drilling more if there are risers nice job there Stew

No risers Gary and all the treads are to be installed onto an open steal staircase and landings. Thanks for the heads up....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Commercial Prices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Commercial Prices
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.