Discuss Concerned how these guys are going to tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mylocalplumber

Hi,

im a plumber sub contracting for a firm. Now, I've began first fix on a small bathroom but have told builder on site I would need fixings for valves etc in wall.

Now the walls are all laff and plaster and as bouncy as a trampoline. I assumed they would be ripping out and using proper board (marmox or something). But to my horror was told by this guy that he would be tiling directly on top.

Now the tiles are heavy, 600x600 marble tiles. So I had a chat with the project manager and told him that tiling directly onto that wall would turn that bath into a death trap. Then I find out that he was the one who told them to do it in first place!

so he finally tells me they will rip out the laff and plaster and board out with marmox.. But I find out today they have just replaced a section with green plasterboard and still left a good 5 sqm with the old stuff.

Tbh it's not much to do with me, I'm just a subby but the bathroom is for her kids so would like some advice.

Am I being over the top?

or am I right to be concerned?

they are also going to lay like a 3-5mm ply over floorboards then electric ufh then tiles -ok?

all replies appreciated and thanked.

Mo

M

mylocalplumber

Hi plumber guy, your wrong to be concerned as it wont be you doing the work?... Correct? I'm sure any tiler with half ab once of sense wont tile what you have described. I do wonder why someone would come on here and ask advice about something that's not really gonna come back on them if it fails!! Hmmmm...

Like I said before..when I do a job be it a bathroom, kitchen, boiler..I want a good job done all round. Makes me feel good about my work and proud. But when spent a lot of time ensuring heights and centres of fixtures etc and then mr magoo turns up to tile it then it makes my work look bad. I don't know, is it nothing to do with me? Not on paper but if one of those tiles popped off onto her little girls head then would it still have nothing to do with me? Hmmm

Also..tbh I'm not really asking advice just wanted to vent my concerns with people in the know. I've already sent emails to top office and explained what I thought so that's all I can do.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Concerned how these guys are going to tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB