Currently reading:
Concrete floor residue query

Discuss Concrete floor residue query in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

If its still soft and tacky, it is most likely to be the vinyl adhesive residue. Some of these vinyl adhesives used years ago were/are bitumen based. DPM used as a surface DPM should be Epoxy based and therefore if it was a DPM it would be hard/set.

My advice, remove as much of the adhesive residue as possible. If you manage to remove a good percentage of the residue, prime with a slurry mix primer and then apply adhesive or leveller as required.

If you are not able to remove the residue, level with Arditex NA as suggested above. It is the best leveller that i know of for smoothing over adhesive residue's.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Concrete floor residue query in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hi all again. I'm trying to prep my concrete floor for porcelain tiles. It's just a small 1.5m...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB