Discuss Concrete subfloor leveling issue in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi -

I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and instead of using mortar to even out any glue that was stuck on or sand off, I used a thin layer of self leveler. I mixed it correctly but for some reason still wasn’t level so I tried grinding it with an angle grinder attachment. Made it worse. Poured again. Also made it worse.

I ripped out the existing vanity as seen in the image and there’s now 1/4 inch from vanity bottom to new subfloor with concrete.

My question is:

If I try to fix one last time, should I try to sand down to Original subfloor and hopefully attach whatever I’m using to a shop vac for dust?

Do I do another pour to level up to the 1/4 inch and sand the existing pours down a bit then pour again?

Even with a laser level it’s very hard to tell where slight dips or rigids are so it’s almost impossible for me to sand my hand down to flat,

Other option… should I just hire someone for this? And how much do you think it would cost? (Trying to save $)

Attachments

• IMG_1678.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1679.jpeg
    566.6 KB · Views: 19
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Concrete subfloor leveling issue in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Help! New DIYer here - I’m preparing my bathroom floor to lay ceramic tile. Removed the vinyl...
Replies
Views
I'm off level 1/8'' over 2' and 1/4'' over 4', from left to right in picture. Building recessed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

DIY Tiling Advice Forum

Trending DIY Tiling Forum Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB