Discuss Council Wetroom in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I had the pleasure of visiting my elderly uncle today who has moved out of his lovely house and large garden into a very nice flat (sheltered accom). The council have kindly offered to change his bathroom into a wetroom.

Was talking to the guy who was doing the work and apparently he sub-contracts to the council, and he was telling me that the council only see plumbing, electrical, and joinery as recognised skilled trades. Tiling and plastering are NOT!!!

This was backed up by his comment 'that anyone can do tiling'

I looked to see what was going in the room: Johnsons Tiles, fixed with BAL Green Star, directly onto emulsioned walls

What do you think to that then?

R

Rookery

I think you should write to the local paper pointing out that the council is spending tax payers money on second rate work without checking that the work is up to standard. Its almost bound to fail, water will reach the background creating black mould which is not healthy, especially for the elderly. If its anything like my local council, they'll be paying well over the top too. Grrr Councils Grrr

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I do one of these wetrooms just about every week ... and all 4 local authorities that i do them for, do them correctly... so i think it depends on who does them ...

One i did last week , was already fully tiled but had to h ave new tiles on to offer any guarantee , most would have just patched in where the bath was..

Well my uncle lives in Leeds and the guy who's doing it lives in Hull, but they carry out work for Leeds council, work that one out.

No wonder my council tax is so high, and the ozone layer disappearing

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
UPDATE:-

Popped in to see my uncle on way home, and the job isn't too bad. I've certainly seen a lot worse, but the picture below is beyond me.

The 'very' flexible waste has been pushed to its extremes and I'm not sure it will last too long. Only saving grace is that it is reasonably accessible. :mad2:

photo.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:-

Popped in to see my uncle on way home, and the job isn't too bad. I've certainly seen a lot worse, but the picture below is beyond me.

The 'very' flexible waste has been pushed to its extremes and I'm not sure it will last too long. Only saving grace is that it is reasonably accessible. :mad2:

photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 59
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Council Wetroom in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
S
Hi again Last week several of you helped me out with advice for a wetroom floor. There were a...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
D
Guys I have a customer who wants to do polished concrete floors throughout his new build...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
Hi guys. So, I've been asked to do a bathroom for a customer but I'm not sure the best way to...
Replies
Views
S
I recently had a downstairs bedroom extension with en-suite built for my elderly parents as they...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB